Liquor Advisory Board
- 5:30 p.m.
- 1st Thursday of each month
- Carbondale Civic Center
200 S Illinois Avenue
Carbondale, IL 62901
Meetings are subject to cancellation if there is no business to discuss. The news media will be notified of changes to this meeting schedule in accordance with the Illinois Open Meetings Act.
Agendas & Minutes
View the Agendas and Minutes for the Carbondale Liquor Advisory Board meetings.
The Liquor Advisory Board is responsible for:
- Making recommendations to the City Council and/or Local Liquor Control Commission regarding provisions to the Carbondale Revised Code pertaining to alcoholic liquor
- Making recommendations to the Local Liquor Control Commission of license renewal applications
- Meeting and discussing liquor license applications with applicants that request assistance from the Liquor Advisory Board
- Monitoring liquor licensees for compliance with City and State laws
- Performing other functions and duties as requested by the Mayor and City Council
- Receiving and investigating liquor license complaints made by citizens and informing the Local Liquor Control Commission of all complaints which warrant further action by the Commission
- Reviewing all liquor license renewal applications
- One non-voting ex-officio member
- Seven voting members, including two SIU students, appointed by the Mayor, with consent of the Council
- Three-year term; One-year term for SIU students
No voting member shall be employed by, own stock in, be a partner in, have an interest in or own personally any business entity which has a license for the sale or distribution of liquor by retail or wholesale. However, the ex-officio (non-voting) member shall be selected from among the corporate officers, partners or individual proprietors which hold a liquor license within the City.