Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CARBONDALE – Eight (8) candidates have filed their nominating petitions for Carbondale City Council Member.
Council Candidate Name and Address Time of Filing/Ballot Order:
1. Adam Loos, 512 West Pecan Street 8:00 a.m., November 19
2. Mark Chalem, 1004 West Laurel Street 8:03 a.m., November 19
3. Navreet S. Kang, 613 South Terrace Drive 8:31 a.m., November 19
4. Lee M. Fronabarger, 1140 South Morningside Drive 1:51 p.m., November 19
5. Thomas Grant, 5370 Springer Ridge Road 4:26 p.m., November 20
6. Theodore “Ted” Jude Gutierrez, 316 S. Lu Court 2:59 p.m., November 26
7. Greg Knoob, 3 Pine Lake Drive 3:38 p.m., November 26
8. Jerrold Hennrich, 610 West Sycamore Street 4:06 p.m., November 26
Two (2) candidates have filed their nominating petitions for Carbondale Mayor:
1. Nathan Colombo, 229 South Hunt Road 9:11 a.m., November 26
2. John “Mike” Henry, 1210 West Hill Avenue 1:30 p.m., November 26
Candidates who subsequently file for Mayor or City Council member will appear on the ballot in the order in which their nominating petitions are received, except that those candidates who file petitions between the hours of 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on November 26, 2018, will be entered into a lottery for the last place on the ballot.
If five (5) or more candidates file for Mayor and/or thirteen (13) or more candidates file for City Council member, and if no petitions are rejected based on an objection being upheld, or other reasons that a petition(s) cannot be certified to the ballot, a Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, February 26, 2019. The Primary Election will narrow the field to two (2) candidates for Mayor and/or six (6) candidates for City Council member appearing on the April 2 ballot. Ballot placement for the Consolidated Election is determined by the highest number of votes received in the Primary Election.
The period for filing nominating petitions for Mayor and/or City Council extends through 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 26. Nomination packets remain available for pick up in the City Clerk's Office, Room 165 of Carbondale City Hall, 200 South Illinois Avenue.
Questions regarding the Mayor and City Council election may be addressed to City Clerk Jennifer Sorrell at 457-3280 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
NOTE TO MEDIA: Updates to this NEWS RELEASE will be provided daily, at 5:00 p.m. If information is needed prior to the issuance of the next regularly-scheduled news release, please contact the City Clerk’s Office.